2016年9月8日木曜日

The Japanese Animated Film “Your Name”(2016)

I went to see the film “Your Name”, which is now on a smash hit in Japan. The theater was crowded with many high school students and young people. In the film, there were a lot of beautiful images, also it had surprising plot and vibrant songs, so I felt like I experienced something special rather than I just saw a film.

 

Because it was an animation, it was able to depict several spectacular scenes. Also, I was amazed that it drew minutely about tradition and culture have been handed down in Japan. And the young audience also watched such scenes in absolute silence. I liked the feeling of unity in the theater as if it was a part of the film.

 

When I had no prior knowledge about the film, I thought it was a remake of another film “Your Name” of 1953. But it was completely different. People who know the old one must be earlier generations. “Machiko-maki”, which means an actress Keiko Kishi’s head scarf style in the film, took the world by storm at that time. And, I think that young people today think about this new “Your Name” by Makoto Shinkai if they hear the title in the future.

 

I think that it’s natural that the film would be picked up a nomination for best animation for Oscar. In fact, the film will be released in 85 countries! So let’s see what kind of response we will get from all over the world. (H.S)

 

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿