2016年9月26日月曜日

2016 Air Show at Komatsu Base of Japan Air Self-Defense Force

I went to the annual air show at Komatsu Base of Japan Air Self-Defense Force on September 19th. The day, it was unfortunately raining and windy and I worried about if the show would go on as planned. But when I arrived at the base, the rain stopped.

As I was waiting in line for baggage check, I heard the roar of a fighter approaching. It sounded like the opening flights started. It brought back a sense like “This is it! I came to the air show!”

After the opening flights, exhibition flights of F-15 and F-12 start. They show maneuvering flight which appeals their performance, formation and turning flight one after another. A demonstration of a rescue aircraft is another feature. The members train on a routine basis, so their rappelling looks completely effortless. I’ve heard that hovering is also very difficult to control.

In the afternoon, Blue Impulse’s acrobatic flight starts finally. First, all the pilots from the first to sixth craft walk down to each craft orderly. And the fifth craft takes off to check the weather in the sky and the acrobat programs are decided by the result finally. However, as expected, it was fewer than half the number of normal due to bad weather. Even so, I was happy to see their “corkscrew”.

Annual visitors to Komatsu Air Show’s are about 150,000 people, but this year there were only about 72,000 people. That said, I was overwhelmed by the number of tour buses and headed back home. And I am already looking forward to next year's show. (H.S)

.

From last year’s Komatsu Air show (0:51) The fifth Blue Impulse’s takeoff is a traffic violation? That might be, but I want to see that in front of my eyes :) Viewed more than 100,000 times.

 

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿