2018年5月4日金曜日

Visiting Echizen Great Buddha of Seidai-ji Temple -Bhutanese Family Visiting Fukui-

In our previous blog, I mentioned that I visited Fukui Prefectural Dinosaur Museum with Mr. Ugyen Dorji and his family. Today, I would like to introduce Echizen Great Buddha of Seidai-ji Temple which I went with them after visiting the dinosaur museum.

 

Echizen Great Buddha is located in Seidai-ji Temple in Katsuyama City, Fukui Prefecture. It is 17 meter tall in a sitting position and it is 2 meter taller than the Great Buddha of Nara. Echizen Great Buddha is so large that I get scared by its powerful presence.

 

 

Around the large and tall buddha, there are 4 wakiji-butsu (attendant statues of images of Buddha) and there are 1281 buddha statues. And the recorded sutra keeps playing over and over in a loop in the main hall, it creates solemn atmosphere. I felt weak at the knees there.

 

 

Mr. Ugyen Dorji and his family, even his son who is only 2 years old prayed silently. I was impressed by his son’s respectful attitude.

 

 

Outside of the main hall, there is a five-story pagoda with the height of 75 meters, a stone fence with gorgeous dragons drawn on it, and a beautiful Japanese garden.

 

Since the temple was founded in 1987, it doesn’t have that long history as much as many other temples in Japan. Even with a short history, the large Great Buddha and many buddha statues make me feel calm and peaceful.

 

If you have a chance, how about visiting Seidai-ji Temple in Katsuyama City, Fukui Prefecture to see Echizen Great Buddha?

 

 

T.F

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿