2018年5月20日日曜日

Miraculous plant – Choumeisou of Yonaguni Island, Okinawa

Among Okinawan vegetables and plants, there are many healthy ones. I guess that a representative example is Goya. I grow Goya in the yard and eat it almost every day in summer.

Also, there is a plant called Gettou in Okinawa, I like the fragrance, so when I go to Okinawa, I buy Gettou soaps and teas. For your information, it is said that Gettou contains polyphenol 34 times as much as red wine.


                                         Gettou (From Wikipedia)


Today I will introduce Choumeisou of Yanaguni Island, Okinawa Prefecture.
Speaking of Yonaguni Island, it is the nation’s westernmost island. If you go to
the “Monument of westernmost of Japan”, Taiwan is only about 111 km away from there. I have heard that you can see row of mountains of Taiwan on sunny days.

I have never been to the Yonaguni Island but I would love to go to the island one day. The island is well known as the location of a TV drama “Dr. Koto’s clinic”. The set for the drama has been preserved and you can watch inside. 

Choumeisou is an apiaceous plant, which grows naturally in the Yonaguni Island.
Because it is very nutritious, it is called power vegetable.
Choumeisou grows in a harsh environment that is exposed to the strong sun and salty wind, and in soil of Ryukyu limestone containing rich minerals. So, Choumeisou contains polyphenol, vitamin, mineral and dietary fiber with balance. 

         
                                  Choumeisou grows in Yonaguni Island 
                               (From  Shiseido Choumeisou Brand Special Site)

I had been interested in Choumeisou and I bought Shiseido’s powdered one.
I mixed with Japanese tea and started to drink it. It is easy to drink like green tea.

On a review site, users left comments such as ‘improved the environment inside the intestines’ ‘improved blood circulation’ ‘face became smaller’ ‘the appearance of one’s pores became smaller’ ‘prevents skin roughness’ ‘made hair glow’ ‘prevents pimples’. So there is beauty effect unexpectedly. I think I will continue to take the Choumeisou for some time. (H.S) 


        


                               

                       

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿