2018年2月18日日曜日

Yuzuru Hanyu and a book called “Steel mental strength”

When I heard the news that Yuzuru Hanyu won the gold medals in consecutive in the Olympics, I was so glad as if spring has arrived for me, who has been mentally and physically exhausted due to lingering effect of the heavy snow.

                                   From Sports Hochi Twitter Official Account

After Hanyu’s performane, a sports commentator said “What a mental strength!”. When I imagine his mentality, I brought to mind a book I read before. From the book “Steel mental strength” written by Naoki Hyakuta, I will quote a passage which I was impressed.

 [Mind is broken by yourself but you can fix by yourself]
Human mind is delicate and fragile. It is like a precision instrument. But in fact, mind is unexpectedly strong against outside damage. Instead, it is weak against inner damage. In other words, those who break their minds may do it by themselves.


Replacing the passage for Yuzuru Hanyu, he had been protected his mind against outside damage, the injury, and had been believed in himself, so we might say that his effort borne fruit.

Yuzuru, thank you for your great performance and the gold medal! Please take a good rest. (H.S)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿