2020年5月3日日曜日

Local specialties of Okinawa


I was planning to go to Okinawa in April but I canceled due to coronavirus. I never thought that the day people cannot travel freely would come. Until now, I went to where I wanted to go and had a good time for granted. I was shocked to know that it was incredible happiness. 

That said, there is no use feeling down. So I ordered local specialties of Okinawa
online so that at least I could feel of being in Okinawa at home. And I received 
them the other day.  

  
*The items that I bought. (These are ones that I always buy in Okinawa)
Rum "Cor Cor" from Minami-Daito Island.
Peanut tofu
Pickled Okinawan shallots
Ishigaki beef miso paste
Instant Okinawan pot noodles
Potato snack of island hot pepper
Banana cake from Miyako Island
Cough drops of shikwasa (Okinawan citrus)
Okinawan deep-fried sweet
Salted rice crackers
Face packs of hibiscus and shikwasa 

I bought them through Washita Shop Online (Okinawa Prefecture Products Public 
Corporation). Washita means 'we' in Okinawan language. In casual conversation,
wattaa is sometimes used. (H.S) 


              Nirai Beach of Yomitan Village in the central of Okinawa's main island. 
              I took this photo when I visited there several years ago. Okinawan sea is                  amazing. I hope I will be able to go to Okinawa again as soon as  possible.   

・Get our newsletter


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿