2020年4月23日木曜日

Things that I cannot do for now


Echizen pottery artist, Naoki Izumi


Panoramic view of Toseisha (Izumi's pottery studio).
There is a cave kiln in a building in the foreground.

The Echizen pottery artist, who has a studio named Toseisha in Echizen Town, Fukui Prefecture, is firing in his cave kiln for the first time in a while. I have heard that he could hardly fire in the kiln recently, but he decided to do that because he had some spare time as his workshops were canceled due to the new coronavirus. He made 200 works for the firing in the past month.

Now, I think that many people will try to do things that they cannot normally do because they have free time, aside from things that they cannot do alone or travels. But if I don't do it now when I spend more time at home, I never will. So I have no excuse that I don't have time to do it.
T.S

・Get our newsletter

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿