2018年12月20日木曜日

The birthplace of rice omelet: a restaurant "Hokkyokusei"


When I went to Osaka the other day, I had a rice omelet at the "Hokkyokusei".
Hokkyokusei means Polaris in Japanese.
Although the restaurant seems to have been well known, I didn't know at all that there was a birthplace of rice omelet in the first place.

You can read why the rice omelet was born on their web site
In short, there was a following conversation between a customer and the owner.
"This is very good. What is the dish called?" "Rice and omelet, so it is a rice omelet!"

I went to their Shinsaibashi head restaurant, which is like a retro Japanese-style

house with a courtyard. It was nice to have a delicious rice omelet in the spacious retro Japanese room. So I understand the restaurant is popular among foreign tourists.


 
The omelet was fine and thin.  I thought that the word "gentle taste" was truly to describe the rice omelet.

                   
                              There was a multilingual plate on each table.

             
                                    This one is for the restaurant staff.

     
                                                The entrance of the Hokkyokusei       

I went there around 1 p.m. on a weekend and waited inside about 20 minutes before I was guided to a table.  It was good that I didn't have to wait long outside.
They have a few branch restaurants in Kyoto as well. (H.S) 

                       

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿