2017年12月10日日曜日

Late Autumn in Kyoto | Konkai-Komyoji Temple

Next, I went to Konkai-Kyomyoji Temple for the first time. The temple is one of the head temples of Jhodo sect. The founder of the temple is Honen.
For fans of history in the end of Edo period, it is well known as the headquarters of Shinsengumi (a group of samurai warriors of the shogunate side).
When I came to the temple, I understood why the headquarters was set up there. Because it has a large precinct and is relatively close from Old Imperial Palace. It is said that about 1,000 members were able to station in the temple.
Also, I was right about coming here not overcrowded Nanzenji Temple or Eikando during this time and I could stroll leisurely.
After I reflected on the end of Edo period, I head to Sanjo to buy souvenirs. (H.S)

                        The large abbey can be seen from its eastern slope.

                                    The Amitabha hall and autumn leaves.

           From the stone steps in front the the Founder’s hall to the temple gate.

                                The temple gate and the colored leaves.

                                The stamp of the Konkai-Komyoji Temple.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿