2016年10月9日日曜日

Travel Journal of Miyako Island, Okinawa #1

I went to Miyako Island recently. I have traveled the main island of Okinawa, Ishigaki Island, Taketomi Island and Iriomote Island not once or twice. But it was only the second time for me to go to Miyako Island, so this time I toured mainly places where I didn’t go last time.

Miyako Island is located about 300 kms southwest from the main island of Okinawa and is in the middle of the main island of Okinawa and Taiwan. It is a flat island with no mountains unlike Ishigaki or Iriomote. When I looked out of the plane window, it looked like a cute fairy tale island. That said, about 51,000 people live in the island and its outer perimeter is about the same as that of Osaka City. And, habu(poisonous snakes) do not inhabit in Miyako Island, which is unusual for Okinawan islands. (H.S)


The sea near Miyako Island Marine Park. The blue of the sea of Miyako Island is called “Miyako Blue”. There are many tropical fish and divers all around the world have a longing for the sea. 

It is said that this Yonaha Maehama is the most beautiful beach in the orient.
The beach sand is very fine and I was surprised at the smooth touch when I walked barefoot. Miyako Island Triathlon Event held in April of each year starts this beach.
The lighthouse on the Higashihenna-zaki Cape. You can go up to the top of it.If you climb the 100 steps, you can enjoy 360-degree panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean and the East China Sea. 
Higashihenna-zaki Cape is located on the edge of the southeast of the island.
East China Sea spreads out before my eyes. Looking such a superb view, I feel cleansed. 
I can’t help but take photos of hibiscus. 
Folk Song Live Izakaya. Visitors can also sing there. The man in the middle is
a local customer and he is very good at singing and playing sanshin. This is just as expected of Miyako Island where folk songs are popular. 

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿