2019年2月14日木曜日

Shinpuku-saikan / Excellent Ramen Noodles in Kyoto, Japan

Many people love ramen noodles in Japan. Recently, I had a great one in Kyoto.
It was at Shinpuku-saikan which is located near the Takabashi
(the Takakura Kosen Bridge) in JR Kyoto Station area.
It has more than 70 years of history.
The ramen noodles there were excellent, and I loved them!


Photograph:Jonasanpo
Last time when I visited there, there was a long line and I had to wait
more than 30 minutes. I had to catch a train on that day and I couldn't eat it.
This time, there was no line luckily, so I got into the restaurant
without waiting and I was able to enjoy the ramen noodles.


The noodles of the Shinpuku-saikan is known for the dark soy sauce base ramen.
It looks similar to the ramen noodles from Toyama called "Black ramen".
I ordered a bowl of the ramen noodles with extra chopped scallions
and a raw egg on the top, and a dish of fried rice.

On a Japanese TV show, I saw that people were talking about how people from Kyoto

like eating anything with thick sauce and a strong flavor.
The soup of the ramen noodles I had were lighter with less flavor than I expected.


The fried rice was amazing too. I tasted the roasted soy sauce flavor and
I liked it a lot.

I heard that their ramen noodles and fried rice can be purchased online
and/or at convenience stores.

This was my first time eating at a restaurant where people wait in line just to eat there.
The ramen noodles and the fried rice at Shinpuku-saikan were amazing,
so I understand why people wait in to eat there.

If you have a chance to visit Kyoto and you like ramen noodles,
Shinpuku-saikan is a highly recemmended ramen noodle shop.

*If you don't like waiting in line,
I suggest you to visit there around 4 pm to 5 pm, before it gets very busy.

T.F

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿