2017年3月2日木曜日

Craft art "Kintsugi" for reparing broken pottery has been handed down in Echizen Lacquereware Village, Sabae City



Even though I knew about the "Kintsugi", which was a method for reparing broken pottery, when I visited a lacquerware studio in Kawada Distict, Sabae City, I was surprised to hear that this technique was still alive and they had requests to repair pottery.

They were sometimes asked to repair plates not only expensive but also ones customers made themselves at a pottery workshop.

Right after I knew that, when I dropped in a design office “TSUGI”, I found a familiar “Sentenmon Compote Dish” by a ceramic artist Yoshihiro Kimura on a table, who I have just shot his exhibition at Fukui Craft Center the other day. Furthermore, the dish was repaired by the "Kintsugi".

I was glad to know that it has been used with care.

TSUGI | Creating products and design unit based in Sabae City, Fukui Prefecture

T.S

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿