2016年12月8日木曜日

Look down at the street when you walk down


This is a picture of the manhole cover which has same tiles as the street has.

 

Each manhole cover has been made one by one by hand to match with the designs of the tiles on the street around the manhole cover.

 

I don’t know since when people started doing such a complicated thing but I think these tiles are not as slippery as metal ones. When it rains and/or snows, walking on the manhole covers with these tiles might not be slippery as walking on the ones with just metals like most of them on the street in Japan.

 

Besides the functional parts of the manhole covers, the designs made by the tiles of the street and manhole cover look like an abstract art and it’s interesting to look at.

 

This is a simple one, but it’s done precisely.

 

When I walk down the street,

I actually see many sceneries which I want to cut out and place on the wall.

 

T.S

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿